September 24, 2017
Today at LEF
- Welcome / Announcements
- Hymn#5: “Sun of My Soul”
- Call to Worship:Isaiah 1:16b-19
- Songs for Praise and Worship
- Sunday School Dismissal
- Scripture: 2 Corinthinans 4:4
- Message: “A Reasonable Faith – Part 1” – Pastor Bryan
- Song of Response
- Hymn #391: “Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus”
- Short ladies meeting immediately following service.
THIS WEEK @ LEF (Sept 25 - 30)
- Mon. 7:00pm – Quizzing
- Wed. 7:00 pm – Experiencing God Bible Study
- Thur. 9:00 am – Mom’s Morning Bible study
- Fri. 12:30pm – 3:30 pm - Adorned Conference Live-stream at LEF
3:30–5:30 p.m. - Supper Break (bring salad makings!)
5:30–8:30 p.m. - Conference Evening Session
- Sat. 7:00 am - Men’s breakfast and study
7:30 am - Adorned Conference Morning Session
11:00 am–12:30 p.m. - Lunch Break (soup & bread provided)
12:30pm –4:00 p.m - Afternoon Session
- Sun. - After lunch - Baby shower for Adrian Yanke
2 – 3pm: Pro-life Life Chain.
Meet across from Home Hardware
for one hour of prayer and street witness.
Looking for garden produce and canning etc to help with the Thanksgiving display! If you have anything to lend, please bring next Sunday, or contact Pat or Donna.
PRAYER TEAM SCHEDULE
Next Sunday: Mitterhubers, Marlene
SCHEDULE FOR SEPTEMBER
Coffee Host: Verangas
FELLOWSHIP MEALS FOR OCTOBER
Oct. 1- Ethnic Potluck (set up A; clean up B)
(Bring something representative of your heritage or something special from your childhood!)
Oct. 22 – Regular potluck (following Bible conference)
(set up C; clean up D)
-Oct. 1: Baby shower for Adrian Yanke following potluck lunch.
- Oct. 7: Lumber River Quartet – Russell Alliance Church
- October 20-22: Save the Date! LEF Bible Conference with Dr. Marty Culy. He will be teaching on “1 Peter: Seeing Aliens in the Mirror.” Marty’s wife, Joanna, will be leading a 1 hour session for the women on Friday evening before the first session with Marty. More details on the poster on the bulletin board.
- Dec. 1: WM Banquet. Mark your calendars!
Dates and times for the next Plan to Protect training sessions:
*Youth Orientation (youth ages 13-18) Sunday, October 15, 1-4 PM Pizza will be provided*Orientation (for anyone who has not been trained yet) Sunday, November 5, 1-4 PM *Refresher training (review for those who have completed the orientation) Sunday, November 19, 1-3 PM OR Sunday, January 7, 1-3 PM
*On the lookout for a volunteer to organize a desperately needed LEF Care Committee which would organize meals in case of a death in the family or in case of illness etc. Also maybe special anniversaries or birthdays that should/could be celebrated at LEF. Please talk to Donna.
Sermon Notes: A Reasonable Faith – Part 1
2 Cor 4:4 - “The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.”
Lie #1: __________________________________________
Psalm 14:1 – The _____________ has has said in his heart, ‘There is no God.’”
Psalm 19:1 - The ____________________ the glory of God, and the firmament shows His handiwork.
Lie #2: The bible is merely ______________________________________________.
John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the _________________.
Lie #3: I’ll get to Heaven my way. (I’m a good person.)
John 3:36, John the Baptist, when asked about Jesus,
says, “He who __________________________ has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
John 14:6, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father __________________________.”
“Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”
Check out our On-line Calendar, Volunteer Schedule, Audio and Down-loadable Sermons, Statement of Faith, etc